Monday, September 29, 2008

Notes to myself...

Note to self:
Do not shave my underarms with Josh's electric shaver. It's another one of life's double standards that favor men. Josh can use my straight razors to shave his face, but I cant use his shaver to shave my underarms. I imagine I would be less mangled if I raised my arms up in front of a speeding train.
This is not my under arm, but very much resembles it.

Note to self #2:

When you are eating dinner and your son comes in from the back yard and says,"Mommy look at my pile of worms", don't look. You will gag on your food, and imagine every remaining bite is filled with worms.

Note to self #3:
When you leave in the morning to take your son to the bus top, take your keys. Especially if you are leaving 3 kids in the house. Eventually, when you are waving goodbye to the bus, you will turn around and find your 2 middle sons standing right behind you. They will have their sippy cup and the grape juice with them. They will say "Mommy, pour us some juice". You will say"Did you close the front door?"They will say yes, and you will realize that the door is locked. You will also realize your baby is in bed,and all you can hope for is that he's still asleep. You will call the police, and the locksmith. You will realize the person who can help you the fastest is your husband , 1/2 hour away. The DCFS investigation is pending.

4 comments:

Janet said...

I'm glad that photo of the armpit isn't yours. :) and I'll remember the not looking at the worms suggestion too. Nice. I'm glad that everything worked out with Jacob. I'll come and visit ya if they lock you up ok.

Katy said...

Jackie, how fun to find your blog! You are SO funny! I never got to know that side of you. I love the things you learn about people through the blogging world. I hope you won't mind me keeping tabs on you. :-)

Janet said...

so I left some cookies on your doorstep, hopefully they are still there!

Jess said...

Oh my gosh! I totally thought that was your armpit! Have to be honest, my initial thought was, "EWWW! Why on earth would she post that?!?" Then I thought, "She is brave!". Thank goodness it isn't your armpit.

So glad I'm not the only mom in the whole world that has done that. Your story does sound a lot like mine. Thanks for sharing! Now, I can blog stalk you and you reminded me that I need to post my experience:D