Thursday, November 5, 2009

In Case of Our Untimely Demise....


As anyone who is on Facebook knows I have been languishing away with pneumonia for the last 4 weeks. I thought I was all better until a couple days ago. I was short of breath, and had sharp pains in my sternum and sides. I finally went to the ER, and I have pleurisy now. It's an inflammation in the lining of the lung caused by a virus usually. My 2 x-rays also showed chronic lung damage secondary to having chemical pneumonia a year and a half ago. I also have asthma. In the utmost despair, I asked the Dr. if this would alter my average life expectancy. He said " Oh, no not at all." Never the less, it is important to plan ahead.

Feel sorry for me? You should, and please show that sympathy by showering me with expensive gifts.

In light of this, I shall prepare to plan out the upbringing of my children in case of my untimely demise. Where will Josh be you ask? With me. He couldn't survive a second with out me. I will also disclose how my other valuables are to be dispersed if it becomes necessary.



My beloved 4 sons will go with Matt and Robyn. They have both readily agreed to this. They would raise the children properly,firmly rooted in the Gospel. Although I would ask that Matt curtail his Simpson's viewing. If the time comes I will pass on the strict no white flour, high fiber diet the children have lived with their entire lives. Remember, only PBS shows or History and Discovery Channel. Oh, and also take my ever precious Halloween wreath, It's the boys favorite.



To my sister, Mary, I leave my awesome Christmas wreath I just got. I also leave her all of my make up that she gave me anyway, and my coupons.

To my parents, nothing I guess. Surely my life was gift enough.

To my best friend Janet, all of my personal fortune ($23) and all of my Rodworks stuff. Oh, and of course my pumpkin roll recipe. Also, my beloved black leather boots, and my blue t-shirt with the little whale on the chest pocket, that I wear 4 days in a row before washing it.

To Kat, my cat (even though she is allergic)



To Adhis, my anti aging army, because she REALLY, REALLY needs it.

To Stacy, my long time hair stylist/friend, I leave my Chi flat iron. She will truly value it as it should be, mostly because her salon was recently broken into, and her flat iron was taken. You've got to be having a really bad hair day to ransack a salon and ONLY take hair products.



Adieu, dear friends.

12 comments:

Cameron and Katie said...

Did the Dr say how you can avoid getting these lung devastating diseases? What in the world? Are you super susceptible to them or something?

Jackie said...

Katie-

For some reason I just have the lungs of a crack smoker, go figure.

Janet said...

I'm so touched. I can't wait...er...well you know what I mean...ha. ha. {nervous laugh}

candice said...

oh jackie, you are so silly, but i am so sorry that you have been so sick. i hope you are feeling better soon, tell your mom to COME BAAAAAAACK!!

CBG said...

Ugh. Feel better. I am oddly glad to hear I am not the only bronchio-retard out there though...

Marcella said...

Jackie you are so funny! I loved this post. So sad you are sick. I hope you get better. Let me know if you need my help!

Old Matt said...

I'm sure that in this one instance I can speak for both your parents when I say that you're perfectly right. Your life was gift enough.

Kat said...

I am so touched that you would trust me with your cat. :) Caden will love you forever for that kind gesture. LOL I will put up with the allergies just so you can know that your cat will be loved. But, as we are praying for you, you will be good and won't have to worry about an early demise.

Adhis said...

I'm not sure whether to cry or pummel you.

If you weren't dying already...

mostly Stacy said...

Oh Jackie. I have been slightly jealous of your cool flat iron, not to correct a dying woman or anything, but for clarification purposes, you own a GHD mini styler.... CHI's are so last year :)

Im glad to hear that there is no imminent danger in your crack smoker lungs but I most definetly hope you feel better... SOON! (not that your sickness keeps you from hanging out at the salon with me)

Lebanites said...

How will I survive without your hilarious postings? To whom will you pass that torch? When are you hitting PA again? Take care, get well enough to drive SR-92. Seems like a heart attack waiting to happen. I have forgotten how scary it was driving "over the mountain" in blizzards--I do not miss that one! I really hope you get better soon.

Janet said...

Which pictures are you going to put in your livingroom? All of them? They are awesome!