Sunday, November 29, 2009

A Big Day for the Proulx's.


Josh decided to take us all out for a big, huge day trip. There's a double decker train that runs in Salt Lake that he's been wanting to take the boys on for a while. Yesterday, we took our maiden voyage on the Frontrunner.

It was pretty fun, and the boys were thrilled as evidenced here by Googie's inability to contain himself:



Joshie looked out the window the whole time taking in the sights. Jordan talked to complete strangers, and Jadon chattered incessantly about Santa Claus.

My mom and I just tried not to puke.

Here are more pics of the train ride:









We arrived not a minute too soon to the California Pizza Kitchen for dinner. My mom and I were seriously considering eating our own arms out of shear desperation for food. The following is evidence that we do feed our mom, and not force her to do hard labor w/o payment (she gets 3 hours off on Saturday.)


(you can clearly see the old lady eating, and even enjoying a taboo cup of coffee)

Now, the true highlight of the evening, Temple Square Christmas Lights:







The lights were really beautiful. It was pretty crowded at the Square which made things difficult as far as hanging on to the kids.We told the kids Santa does not visit the homes of children who do not hold the hands of an adult in a crowded, public place. Jordan got confused and tried to hold the hand of the homeless guy at the gate when the man reached forth asking for change. We explained to Jordy that the hand he held had to be of an adult he was related to.

Jadon speculated that there were probably 50-hundred-trillion lights on the trees, which is pretty close, I'd guess.

Thanks to Josh for a fun night.

6 comments:

Janet said...

That looks like so much fun! I'm glad that you finally let your mom have some time off...and let her eat :)

Marcella said...

What a fun adventure!!! I want to do that! We just might have to copy you.

Adhis said...

How'd your mom get through the gates? Did they get rid of the coffee breathalizer this year?

Kat said...

That looks like it would be a blast. We were talking about taking Caden and Brin on trax to go see the lights. Glad you let your mom out just for a little bit. I know that the walk to the bus stop is quite a treat for her. LOL :)

Amy said...

Super cute pixs! You have a cute little fam.

Oh, and i have not tried your pills yet. But im sure i will soon. In fact, no lie....feel a migraine coming on now. Thanks for being a great friend!

Robyn said...

Sharing pills huh? Wish I lived closer to get some. That sounds like a perfect night! I bet the boys were so excited to ride the train. Jordan is so outgoing. I love that he will talk to anyone. I'm glad you took Grace to see the temple square lights. They are beautiful.