Behold, the spiritual gigantism of my eldest son:
I am going to talk about keeping the Sabbath day holy.
In Moses 3:3 we read...
And I, God, blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it; because that in it I had rested from all my work which I, God, had created and made.
The seventh day is called the Sabbath or Sunday. Just like God rested from all his work we are supposed to rest from most work as well. On Sunday we should think about Heavenly Father and his son Jesus.
Some activities that help us do this include:
Praying
Helping others
Going to church
Reading the scriptures
Collecting fast offering
Going home or visiting teaching
A few weeks ago I had a lot of fun going to collect fast offerings with my dad and Bishop Rice. People shared their extra Halloween candy with me and at one house they even showed me their radio controlled helicopter. But what made me most happy was knowing we were collecting money to help people in our ward. I know that is something Jesus would do on Sunday.
I love doing things that are good for other people on Sunday. In the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.
7 comments:
This is the most awesome talk since the King Follet discourse! Way to go, Joshie!!!!
It is indeed awesome. Way to go, Joshie. I know your mom and dad are pleased with you. As for me...to paraphrase the Bible...'This is my beloved grandson in whom I am well pleased.'
I was trying to get Spencer to go to his class {so not working} but we were sitting down and Spencer was soo excited. He kept telling me in my ear...That is Joshie, mom...it's Joshie. Then he said, " Is he president?"
He did such a great job. Definately marriage material for Abby. :)
Great talk Joshie, I wish I could have been there! Your Uncle Ben gave a talk last week. Who will be next?
Us ladies on the stand stared with awe and amazement when he whipped out the iphone! HE did a great job!
Very Impressive. He did a wonderful job. I can't believe he read it off the i phone!!! I will have to tell Anthony.
So grown up! Can this be the same Joshie that yelled "whatcha doin?" to all of us out the window?
Post a Comment