Joshie started 2nd grade on Thursday, and not a day too soon. The last month of break was pretty exhausting. It gets pretty rigorous keeping 4 boys entertained all day. We established a pretty good routine though.
In the mornings we went to the park until lunch time. We would come home for lunch then give the 2 younger ones their naps. At that time, Joshie and Jadon would watch a show, and I would lock myself in my room, hiding as if my life depended on it. Afternoons, more park and some reading, drawing and whatever, intermingled with some silly fight over a toy, an undesirable look, or who got more animal crackers.
Thursday, it all changed. Joshie's back in school all day, and Jadon starts kindergarten next Thursday.
Note of business: There is a new sex offender in the neighborhood, so check the online registry. I would post the info. here, but the ACLU would no doubt frown upon that. Moving right along....
Here are pictures documenting Joshie arriving home from his first day at school:
He happily skips off of the bus.
"Joshie, stand still so I can take a picture of you"
"Mommy, the sun is in my eyes, it hurts"
"Just be still for a second"
"Bahhh!!"
"I need to try another one, smile at the camera."
"I can't, the sun hurts my eyes!"
"Bahhh!!"
"Let's try it one more time, look at the camera, and smile."
(we have a keeper.)
Joshie , Abby and Lexi at an undisclosed location somewhere in the United States:
Up next.. Jadon's first day of Kindergarten. "Mommy, I know you'll miss me, but just look at a picture of me when I'm gone."
8 comments:
Jackie that was so funny for me! I was lauging so hard I started to cry! Fun for you and the kids to have a change.
You forgot a few lines in the exchange. "Mrs. Prow-lex, it isn't safe to detain your child in the middle of the street so you can take a picture of him."
Jackie: "Shut up, b****! Mind your own business. He's my son and I'll do whatever I want to with him."
Joshie: "Mommy, please stop. I'm embarrassed."
Jackie: "You shut up, if you had posed like I asked you, you'd be home making dinner by now."
Joshie: "I'm sorry, mommy. Don't be mad."
Jadon: "I can't wait to go to school!"
your boys are sooooo cute!! i can't believe joshi is in second grade! and you are so good--what a great routine you have set up,i bet you even get them to bed at the same time every night. if only i could be more like you.
ps i think we are going with jacob...
I was going to say something but I lost track because I'm laughing at your comments.
Candice...Jacob is a great name, but just don't call him Googie for short.
what in the world are you going to do with yourself? pop out another one I guess. :)
what in the world are you going to do with yourself? pop out another one I guess. :)
Those comments are hilarious. :) I was laughing so hard. I can totally see it all happening. You are awesome!
Post a Comment