
And not one I sent a mass email about. Last night Josh told me that this weekend Harmon's Grocery Store is celebrating its 77th year. They are having hourly contests, free cake and ice cream, lots of free food samples, and contests for kids. The main attraction for me is that the grand prize is a $500 Harmon's gift card. That just about what we spend a month on food.
We went, the kids got their free cake , I entered every drawing they had, including for the $500 in groceries.
We were checking out when the costumer service lady came over to me and said "You won the hourly drawing", and handed me this giant thing of fruit!!
Did you notice the price tag? It's worth over $14 dollars. The most valuable contest I have won.
I'm not sure when I developed a thing with entering contests, but this totally validates all the effort I have put into winning them.
We used to enter Joshie in the BYU baby contests, but Josh wouldn't allow me to participate anymore after Joshie didn't win one year, and I booed the baby that did. This face should have won.
Joshie also won the Thanksgiving Point Halloween contest 2 years in a row. We got a free years membership to all of Thanksgiving Point that year.
Anyway, I better go. We are driving around to all of the Harmon's so I can increase my chances of winning the grand prize.
I'll keep you posted.
12 comments:
Jackie, you are on a roll. Time to try your luck in Vegas?
Jackie you are on a roll! Time to try your luck in Vegas?
Congrats to you! There is nothing better than winning stuff. I once won a trip to Mazatlan at Taco Time. I wasn't 18, so my parents claimed it and went without me. I should remind them that they owe me a trip...
wow!
Congratulations! And good luck with the free cake contest. I don't have a blog I can post the coupon on (my blogs are mostly oriented to business news/info)so I'm not going to be much help there. :(
Can't believe how the boys are growing.
Aunt Di
You are always a winner to me Jackie!
That is great! To win something. Too bad people put stock in winning things like the lottery, they did not have a stats class. Then again, when they read things, like the guy who has won a lottery twice this year--it reingnites the drive to gamble. Dan wins EVERYTHING. I generally enter HIS name in contests b/c has all the luck. Nearly every pharmaceutical conference he attends, he wins something. One year he won three medical books (about $600 value) and the same three he needed that year. One conference he won Bose headphones (I sold on ebay) another year he won a leather Covey briefcase thingy, which I also sold on ebay. Sadly he has not won the HGTV dream home thing yet. Hopefully that will come soon. It was so nice seeing you Jackie. I can't wait until your next PA trip.
Sorry, I've been out of town and got back last night.
Comment.
I think I already said this on someone's blog already: I won a free dinner and movie on mytowne.com when it was still new. A couple weeks later I won $100 from the same site. I stopped visiting it a month after said winnings.
Thank you, Ahdis...see that wasn't to hard.
I am so impressed. I knew you were lucky.
Congrats, congrats! :) That is awesome.
And now I won a cake.
Thanks for letting me know!
Post a Comment