As you know, Bea Arthur, aka "Dorothy Zbornak", has died. Dorothy Zbornak was , in my opinion, the best character on the hit show Golden Girls. The show began in 1985. I was 11 years old.Sure, you may ask yourself "What is an 11 year old doing watching a show like that?" Yes, serious topics were made into story lines. Menopause, the phenomena of promiscuity amongst eldery women, and of course "stuffing" your feelings with ice cream and cheesecake.
Never the less, the show never failed to make me laugh, and take me out of the situation I was in. 1985 was the year my parents got divorced, the year we lived in 3 or 4 different houses. I got picked on a lot at school, and it's the year I lost my beloved purple Michael Jackson jacket.
It is also the year we got to know Dorothy. The strong, assertive, and artfully sarcastic substitute teacher from Florida. You got me through many a rough year as a child, Dorothy. You will be missed.
You are THE GOLDEN GIRL.
7 comments:
I use to watch that will my grandma :)
...If I ever see a purple michael jackson jacket I'll get it for you
I, too, watched that show, but I admit that I favored listening to Sophia's "Picture it. Sicily..." stories.
The show must resonate with you even more now that you're a menopausal, promiscuous elderly woman.
Pig.
The love is thick.
Thank you for being a friend...
While I loved the sarcastic wit of Dorothy I became Blanch...okay only slightly, and mostly in my mind...but deep down I'm a wanna-be hussy.
instead of a Micheal Jackson jacket, maybe you could wear a pretty, shoulder padded, lavender blazer without pockets in honor of Dorthy.
Post a Comment