Thursday, April 9, 2009

Happy Birthday, Joshie.


Ohhhh...the memories of having our first born. We found out we were expecting Joshie a month after we got married. We were really excited because we wanted to have kids right away. The first couple of months I was really sick. Once I got better I discovered my love for guacamole dip and chips.



I would say my pregnancy was fairly normal until......

One day after work ( when I was 7 months pregnant) I was sitting on the bed using the laptop. All of a sudden, I felt a pop and water exploded from me onto the bed, and the floor. I sat there and stared at this spectacle for a moment. Did my water just break or did I just do something very childish? I realized that my water broke.

I called Josh at work. I was very upset as I said something involving the words "broke" and "place". Josh being the super sleuth he is, raced home, expecting to see that someone had "broken" into our "place"

When he got home and saw the scene in our bedroom he realized what happened. Off we were to the hospital.

The labor pains were excruciating. I was already fully dilated when we got to the hospital 10 minutes away.. Shortly after 10pm our first son was born weighing 4 pounds 14 ounces.

Above is the first picture taken of Joshie after he was born. My brother was at the hospital shortly after he was born, and saw him before I did. Josh made the requisite phone calls to our parents and told them they were grandparent's. They were a bit surprised to say the least. Joshie was in the NICU for 3 weeks before coming home. He did really well for a preemie. He weighed 30 pounds at 1 year old. You would never know now that he was so early.


Joshie has been the ideal son, and my best friend. I love you, kitty cat.

4 comments:

Janet said...

That is such a cute picture. He was sooo little.

Matt said...

I thought you found out you were pregnant a month before you got married.

Kat said...

Such a fun story. :) I love how you post. Happy Birthday Joshie! I hope it was fun.

Cameron and Katie said...

We love Joshie.