Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Googie is 2.....

Goog was of course early like all of our babies. He was 9 weeks early and weighed 3.8 pounds at birth.His birth and stay in the NICU was by far the most traumatic for him. It wasn't a great thrill for me either, considering I had to have my stomach sliced open. He was put on a vent twice, turned purple several times, and had to have heart surgery. His heart surgery resulted in his left vocal cords being paralyzed permanently.

Through it all, Goog has been a very happy, and mild mannered baby. His personality is a lot like Jadon's. Kinda quirky, but always funny. We are grateful to have Jacob and would take 18 more just like him. (actually, no not really.)

Here are early pictures for you to cringe at:





6 comments:

Janet said...

Ahhh, what a cute little baby he is! I am so happy that he is alright now. You are such a strong person to be able to go through all of that!
I can't wait for tonight!

Amy said...

Could he be any cuter? It is so hard not to rile him up during Sacrament Meeting! Also love your main picture, that is how I feel at the end of each day after being asked way too many times on the phone if I am a student and could they please speak with an adult...as for the comments, yes I am also a comment whore ;) (did I really just write that?) I am tempted to get this: http://www.remarksfromsparks.com/2009/03/commentest.html

Cameron and Katie said...

Seeing him now, I almost forget about all scares he gave us as an infant.

mostly Stacy said...

I kind of wish one of my kids was nicknamed googie... it's way too cute and totally fits him. I can't believe how tiny he was.

Kat said...

Happy Birthday you cute little guy! He is adorable. :)

islandgirl said...

Ah, and he's got to be in the top 10 adorable babies I've ever seen too! Oh wait, not a baby anymore right! LOL!