

American Idol shocker!!! From the very first show this season, everyone thought that this contest would be a slam dunk for Adam Lambert(pictured left). I thought he was a little too theatrical for my taste, but obviously an excellent singer. Guest performers have openly endorsed him on the show, wearing outfits with his name emblazoned across their backs.He sang every single song like a pro. Except for Johnny Cash's "Ring of Fire". He did it with some weirdo Middle Eastern flare. Totally weird. He's been strong and consistent since day 1 though.
Kris, has always been very likable, and also is a great singer. He started out being a little "pitchy", and kind of awkward, but very real. I thought he was intimidated by Adam. How wrong was I?! He has bit by bit gotten better and better and become more confident. He has always been labelled the under dog.
Well, hell has frozen over, pigs fly, and there's a purple elephant in my living room. Kris won. I am totally shocked, but I know he totally deserves it.
Congratulations, Mr. American Idol.
***Public service announcement: proceed with caution if you google photo's for Adam Lambert***
5 comments:
Never say "when hell freezes over" that what I told Ben when he asked me out....
Never tell someone to not Google something. It never crossed my mind to do so UNTIL you put up a warning.
JUST DON'T SAY ANYTHING!!!
I was SURE Adam would win, even though Kris is totally my favorite. Adam is good, just WAY over the top for me. I "knew" Adam would win. Thank goodness I am not usually right.
I was so happy to hear, from Fox News while we were in Costa Rica, that Kris won. I really think that Adam was like you said good from the beginning - always a consistent performance. Kris showed the most growth during the show. It wasn't until about half way through that I saw his talent and he just kept getting better! I had no idea you were into this show.
I voted (by text) for Kris 180 times, and I was also still convinced that Adam would win! I'm glad I was wrong, too! (Cindy B.)
Post a Comment