Tuesday, October 21, 2008

History has been made....


Today, Googie finally really walked. He's taken a step here and there,but that's been about it. Today he stood up in the middle of the living room and just stood there. I went over and stood about 5 ft. in front of him, and knelt down. For some reason, I just started saying , "Here, kitty,kitty,kitty." Instinctively, Jacob just walked right over to me. Of course, I wished I had been able to take pictures of him walking, but things don't work out that way. I got pictures of him after the fact. You'll just have to take my word for it.

Here, Googie reached his stopping point,and reached out to bless the masses:


Here, Googie looks confused,he does'nt understand why I am telling him to walk some more.

Here, he crumples up on the floor in a heep as if he just completed a triathalon.

Totally exhausted,he doesn't attempt to get up. He just sucks his thumb.
. Well done, Googie.

8 comments:

Robyn said...

I'm going to have to come over and watch the show live! He is so cute! Very nice play by play.

Monica Proulx said...

Yay Googie, Hocky etc.!! You are my hero, and as cute as your various names! We knew you could do it!!
I wish I was there. But I'm sure he'll do it again.

Good work Jackie! This is a milestone for you too. Now all you have to do is get him out of diapers, it's all downhill from here (ha, ha!)

Monica Proulx said...

Just showed this post to Ben, we laughed a lot. You don't disappoint, you are one funny lady. Pope Googie! I suppose you will have to call him Kitty now maybe?

Janet said...

Hooray! I love the details and especially the thumb sucking.
Thanks for the great night out. Ben wants to come next time (Josh too). I guess he felt left out. Poor Ben. :) Maybe I should have fixed something besides mac and cheese!
Thanks for turning your headlights on. I really liked arriving home in 1 piece!!

Anonymous said...

Jakey is the most natural nickname for Jacob, consistent with Joshie, but your foolish pride kept you from seeing it. Then again, what's more cute and cuddly than a search engine? And love the blog music. Runaway Train never gets old.

Janet said...

Hey how are you doing? I didn't see ya last night, did you go?
well if you need anything let me know

Cameron and Katie said...

So cute. We are so pround of him!

Kat said...

Hey, here is the information that I talked to you about. It is the pre-school website. :) Let me know if you have any questions.
http://www.beelieveinlearning.com/default.aspx