Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Jordan's First Day of Pre-school...


I'm a little late posting Jordan's pictures. He started pre-school about 2 weeks ago. He really likes it. Mrs. Marie is the name of his teacher. She lives just about 5 minutes away. Her degree is in Elementary Education, and she has 10 years of experience. She also has a great sense of style when it comes to decorating her home, which I am quite jealous of. Nevertheless, she is super nice and Jordan loves her. More importantly, she loves Jordan.

And well she should. On to the pictures...


Jordan just about to enter his Pre-school (at an undisclosed location):



He walks back to enter the Pre-school, at Mrs. Marie's house:



Jordan taking his jacket off, he's about to hang it up:




The first day Jordan was at school, Googie and I had some errands to run. I started talking, and I was talking to Jordan as if he were there. It was so weird just having one kid with me. It's nice to be able to get some things done with only Googie to look after. Jordan seems to be learning quickly at school. He has observed that he is the only "black guy" in class. When, I asked him what he thought of it , he said ..

"Well, Jesus took me out of his tummy and painted me brown, that makes me special."

It surely does son, it surely does.

9 comments:

Sarah said...

Seriously laughed for 10 minutes at that last quote.

Robyn said...

Jordan has a way with words. Love that boy! I'm glad he's enjoying preschool.

Old Matt said...

Jordan is special, and so is Joshie, Jadon, Googie, Josh, and Jackie. A very special family.

Adhis said...

Psh- And to think Thomas Beatie got all the limelight on that one.

Adhis said...

I think it's cool he pointed out he was the only "black guy."

I recently read a study that said it was better for parents to point out and appreciate obvious appearance differences in children than to just blanketly say "we're all equal" and not explain why someone looks different. It leaves kids in a sense of confusion because they can SEE a difference but don't know how to word it. This also creates a silent taboo in children about race which actually increased the likelihood of prejudice and racism.

Look at me being all preachy on your blog. Where's my choir?

Janet said...

Jordan is the best. We love him.

Matt said...

Little Jordan. I bet all the little button-downed white girls in his class just LOVE him!

Aubrey said...

Hailey sure loves her little "chocolate" friend :)

Kat said...

I love Jordan. He is truly special. Your whole family is awesome. I'm glad he likes Mrs. Marie. :)