Thursday, September 3, 2009

8 Years of Wedded Something or Other....


Our anniversary was September 1st. However, true to our spontaneous, crazy selves, we celebrated a few days earlier. We went to the Blue Boar Inn in Heber. My sister and I went there a few months ago. Josh is totally the jealous type, so he was determined to out do her.

The Inn is European. Heber City was settled by Swiss immigrants, so the buildings in Heber are all Swissed up. We got to the Inn at about 7pm. We were both ravenously hungry, but we went to look at our room first.

I went and checked out the tub, and Josh hysterically ran around trying to use his laptop one last time before dinner.

The Jane Austin room:



We ate out on the balcony. I had roasted chicken with some kind of over buttered Swiss dumplings. Delicious. Josh had a bunch of very attractive vegetables, some kind of Swiss dinner pancakes, and about a 1/5 of scotch. Notice, the silly, drunken gaze on his face.





After dinner, we retired to our room. We rummaged through the drawers and cabinets hoping someone before us had left valuables behind. We did find a plate of complimentary snacks waiting for us, which we stuffed in our pockets.

Josh fell quickly asleep and I watched Golden Girls. There is no better way to spend your anniversary than with the funniest lady who ever lived (to my knowledge), Bea Arthur.

The next morning, we had breakfast (complimentary).





Here, Josh totally takes advantage of the fact that I'm sleeping (after breakfast), and sticks a rose in my hand he stole from the hallway. An effort to make you all think he had the wherewithal to actually get me flowers.



After I awaken, I lounge on the balcony, while Josh wastes no time getting back to his mistress, the laptop.






In honor of our 8th anniversary, I declare to the world that Josh is so lucky to have me. I surely give him reason to be happy (and at times a little nervous). I would like to point out a few reasons he has to be grateful for me:

I never complain

I never nag

I have given him 4 sons, proving that real men can be vegetarian.

Happy Anniversary.

9 comments:

Old Matt said...

Congratulations, and many more happy years to you. I would, however, like to point out that I don't believe that look on Josh's face comes from Scotch. I think it comes from the fact that he is in a lovely inn with the most beautiful lady in Utah.

I do hope you were considerate enough to take some packets of mustard along so he could make his meals palatable.

Kat said...

Happy Anniversary! :) It sounds like it was a wonderful place to stay. I love the fact that he tried to fool everyone into thinking that he got you flowers. I also love that he brought his "mistress" on your trip. That is what I call Bill's computer too. LOL :)

Janet said...

It looks like you had so much fun. Thanks for not posting your "other pictures" :)

Jackie said...

Ewwww, Janet, you SO NASTY.

Adhis said...

Laptop? Uh, no. That would so not fly on an anniversary trip with me. You are so understanding and tolerant.

(BTW, I liked the "pride of the village" edit.)

Jackie said...

WOW!! you are quite observant.

Marcella said...

Looks like fun! Congrats on 8 years! what a wonderful way to spend it. Anthony and I were talking about what a wonderful couple you two are the other day. We are very impressed by you two.

Jackie said...

Thanks Marcella, I was hoping you'd notice how special we are.

Roger and Stephnie said...

You crack me up! Happy Anniversary!