Thursday, July 2, 2009

Jadon Benjamin Proulx ch.2

We were horrified that I would be spending the rest of my pregnancy in the hospital. Our moms took turns coming out to take care of Joshie. My brother was Joshies main nanny ( or manny). I lay languishing away for weeks in the hospital, not even allowed to sit up the whole way because of the pressure it would put on the umbilical cord.

Little volunteer ladies would come around to visit the poor bed bound patient who was reduced to watching Maury Povich in the afternoons. One day a lady came around giving donuts to the patients on the maternity floor.

I remember thinking, "Oh this is exactly what I need, as a huge pregnant lady laying in bed for weeks." I took it though, and stuffed it in one of my bed sores.



I became so huge, and my arms so puffy that it looked like I was sitting there with pillows resting under my arms. I had to tie a washcloth to the end of a stick to bathe myself, and they had a crane on stand by in case they needed to turn me over to check my flab folds for missing staff members.


At times I begged the Dr. to just let me go home, and told them that my husband was feeding Joshie potato chips for meals. They were unmoved. I read lots of magazines, talked on the phone tons, and slept a lot.

Finally, I was scheduled for a c-section on July 5th. I was so happy to have a date scheduled. However......Jadon had other plans...

Friday, July 2nd I woke up at 6 am. Like any pregnant woman, my bladder was working overtime. I got up to go to the bathroom, and my water broke. I was so happy! I knew this meant my 5 weeks in the hospital were coming to an end, and I had made it to 37 weeks.

I called my nurse, she called the Dr., the anesthesiologist, and Josh. Before you knew it, I was sliced open and Jadon was born. He weighed 6 pounds 11 ounces.

5 comments:

Heidi said...

I can't even imagine being stuck in the hosptial that long! Happy Birthday, Jadon! At church on Sunday, they said his name for birthdays and he gave me this blank look and said it wasn't his birthday. (I now understand that it wasn't his birthday SUNDAY, so he was being honest). I'll send him up this week! :)

Janet said...

Wow, that is just crazy! I'm so happy that he was ok and that you were a super mommy and made it all the way to 37 weeks!

Kat said...

Wow. I can't believe what you had to go through. It is all worth it though. He is adorable and Caden loves playing with him. I'm glad that you are such a good mom.

candice said...

bah, what a story! pregnancies are a nightmare no matter how you look at it, that is what i've decided, and trust me --- right now you could call me an expert on the subject :)

glad it all turned out though, what cute, lovable, hilarious boys you have!

Cameron and Katie said...

You were not big and fat, I remember. And Joshie was thriving on his potato chip dinners.