
This trip was definitely one of our highlights. Pennsylvania is a painfully humid place. We stayed in sweltering conditions at my moms house. She has one air conditioner upstairs, and naively thinks it should cool the whole house. She also does not have the Internet at her house, and sees no use for it. Her phone is a tin can at the end of a string...but I digress...
My sister (Mary), my sister in law (Robyn), and I took Jadon and Jordan to Strasburg Railroad. It's one of the very top tourist spots in Lancaster county. You get to take a 45 minute train ride through farm country, and choke on toxic emissions from the train. I welcomed the cool breeze as the train chugged along, Jadon couldn't understand why the conductor wasn't pushing the "sonic speed button". We drove by Amish people working out on their farms, hanging out their wash, and doing other things you have probably seen only on Little House on the Prairie.
When we got off of the train trying to figure out how to get back to our car, Jadon said, "Where's the bullet train?". Not wanting to totally crush him, I decided to mislead him by saying.." there's probably one in D.C., you might see it when you get there on Friday."
Here are some pics...






4 comments:
I lived on the border of Tennessee and Kentucky near an Amish community. I never made the trip to actually gawk at them though, I was too busy honking my car horn for their little black buggies to move out of the way.
Ah, that looks like so much fun! Love love the pictures! The boys look like they are having so much fun.
Oh by the way, I love your glasses.
Those are awesome pictures. Did you actually take the ones of the boys or are they stock photos you lifted off the internet like the others?
Post a Comment