Monday, I realised that we have a Secret Santa. I got home from doing some stuff and I found a new door mat at my door. Not just any door mat, but a Christmas door mat. Of course, I was thrilled. I emailed Janet and asked her if she did it. Conspicuously, she never responded to me. So, I've just carried on receiving my gifts each day. Yesterday, it was brownies, along with a wooden snowman decoration. I love it and it proudly sits on my window sill.Tonight though, things got interesting. I'm home alone while Josh is with the boys playing. I'm minding my own business, getting ready for my Relief Society party when for some reason, I decided to look out the window. Just as I did, I saw this kid running down my steps and around the corner. I don't recognize her. Naturally, I assume its some mal-adjusted kid trying to steal the wreath from my door. I open the door, and find a massive container of cookies, and a gallon of Hawaiian Punch.
It seems this person is well acquainted with us enough to know to bring things in large quantities. I closed the door, and went back to the window. I saw a white SUV idling at the curb. I don't recognize it. I'm trying not to be noticed, in case this Secret Santa is still out there. Just then, the girl comes back to the front of my house. She's looking in my front window. She cant see me seeing her, so she goes up the steps again. I drop to the floor, army crawl over to the door, slowly stand up, and look through the peep hole. I see the girl cautiously creep up to the door, bang on it, and run like the wind. I open the door, collect my gifts , and yell "Thank you!"
I still don't know who this kid is. The SUV may or may not be associated with the little girl. Do know, little Santa, we are now on high alert.
Thank you very much! (and I REALLY like chocolate, just for future reference).
3 comments:
sweet. you deserve a secret santa. And i didn't notice a new door mat when I dropped off my stuff, so when you asked me i didn't want to tell you that I was afraid that you might be going crazy!! glad to know your sane!
I just stumbled across your blog from the Livingstons, I'm laughing at your army crawl to the window! Glad someone is treating you this winter, how special!
how are you guys doing?
Post a Comment