
As the uproar continues over President Packers General Conference talk, I see more than ever that we live in a time the Prophets have foretold for thousands of years. Besides Elder Packers talk and the reaction to it from Gay Rights groups, other truly significant things have happened.
The Chilean miners are being rescued as I blog. I think at this moment, 17 have been rescued. Unreal.
However readers, with the coverage of these significant events, we have been distracted from a truly worthy, and critical issue.
Why in the world doesn't someone beat the crap out of Amber, from the show Teen Mom, and take the baby away from her!!!!
Josh and I watch the show every Tuesday. These young moms are close to our hearts. This reality show follows several girls who became pregnant at age 16. It shows what everyday life is like for a young mom raising a child, and trying to get an education.It is in all truthfulness (is that a word?), very sobering.
Amber is one of the girls featured on the show. There is something wrong with this girl. I have never seen a girl so abusive. She never speaks calmly, only screams and curses. She on a regular basis beats up her baby daddy, even in front of their child. Why hasn't she been arrested?
However, last nights episode was particularly disturbing. Amber and her baby daddy, Gary, have broken up.
She meets a new guy at WALMART!! They set up a lunch date.
She sadistically rubs this fact in Garys face. She picks up her date, (he has no car), she takes him to lunch, (he has no job, or money).
He then mentions that he just got out of jail.

Lovely.
She asks how he feels about her having a child, keep in mind, he's never met the child. He says (go get something to barf in now...)
"I Love her."
Then they kiss.
Of course, Gary moves out, Chris moves in. She met him 2 weeks before.
This is where I actually got angry.

The ex-con new BF is changing the babys diaper, and getting her dressed.
Oh. Hell. No.
I will make a brief summary of what happened next:
Gary came over to discuss a visitation schedule
He saw the baby had on a dirty dress (again), he asked if she dressed herself
Amber told Gary who dressed her
Gary got furious
He said he was taking the baby
Amber cried
Gary left, WITHOUT THE BABY
(boooo Gary)
He could have easily taken the baby, there is no custody order, since they had been living together since the baby was born, and before that fateful trip to Walmart.
This girl is deeply disturbed. If a man were to punch a girl in the face the way Amber did Gary, he'd be in jail. Why isn't she? She often puts the baby in her crib for hours so she can have ME time. She doesn't seem to interact with the child, and has delegated house hold, and child care duties to her new live in.
I do not advocate violence, but I am hoping that someone in her area does, and they go beat the crap out of her.
I'm done.
19 comments:
Jackie, James and I watch the show too and cannot believe how crazy Amber is!! I know Gary is somewhat of a space cadet, but you just see him shut down when she abuses him. It is so sad. I thought that the reunion of Katelynn and Tyler with their baby was so sweet. The sad part is, they would have been the only decent parents out of the bunch but they had some sense to give her up for adoption! Another thing, is it just me or does Farrah have the ugliest cry face ever? Oh MTV, it ruins our lives one show at a time...bring on Real World/Road Rules Challenge!! haha
She looks like a camel when she cries.
O.K., so you have no idea who I am. I happened to click over to your blog from Sarah Morris' because the title of your post intrigued me.
Anyway, I don't watch the show, however, I did read an article yesterday that the reason the Wal-Mart boyfriend had been in jail was for CHILD MOLESTATION. Link to the Madison County Sheriff's Office Sex Offender Registry here: http://www.icrimewatch.net/offenderdetails.php?OfndrID=1275106&AgencyID=54851
I want to know why the producers at MTV haven't stepped in to protect the child?
Your description of this show makes me glad I very rarely watch any tv.
Somebody needs to set up a therapy trust fund for that little girl. She's gonna need it.
I just googled that info and it seems the boyfriend is most likely a case of mistaken identity with the guy who IS a convicted child molester.
Also, if it makes you feel better, Jackie, other viewers were outraged by the violence and contacted authorities. According to an article I found, an investigation was launched by the Anderson Police Department and The Department of Child Protective Services in Indiana.
Glad you are back Jackie! I miss your posts!!! Please keep blogging. You always make me laugh. Although I have to say this was a sad post. I don't think I could watch that show, it would drive me CRAZY seeing how messed up people are!
What Marcella said. This is another example of why I don't watch TV. Too many depressing things I don't want to absorb.
Ditto. You are awesome.
There is something I have been dying to ask you....How exactly do you pronounce your last name? Your blog posts are great.
You always hit the hot topic issues right on the head. I do believe that you got them in the right order too.
You always hit the hot topic issues right on the head. I do believe that you got them in the right order too.
Meghan, it rhymes with "poo".
Cameron did the last post from us. First things first, my mom is back at our house ('cause I'm having a baby tomorrow!) and wanted you to know that Google is hiring, tell Josh. And, now to more important things. Cameron totally makes fun of me for watching this show, but I do so responsibly, I record it and only watch when the girls aren't around. See, I am not a teen mom. It is a guilty pleasure. Amber IS CRAZY. I get being overwheled as a mom, but YIKES. Gary is just young, and knows what is right, he just needs the guts to do it. The crazy Walmart guy is going to cause some problems. It worries me. I also freaked with the diaper changing. What?! She has known this guy for how long? And, he says stuff like "I want to spend forever with you, can you use the car?" Slimy. He reminds me of too many people from my high school. Not a good thing. Plus, I love Maci. I think she and I would be friends. She is so brave, so selfless. What did her parents do to raise her so well (except for the being pregnant at 16 part)?
And, Farrah has come a long way. For a while there, she was headed in the same direction as Amber. Remember how she used to not even really mother Sophia? And, now she is totally into it. She still has work to do, but I am proud of her and her psycho mom.
Katie- I like Maci too, she does really well for herself. I think a lot of teen parents came from really good families. Some of the choices she made happen to have serious consequences. Bless her cotton socks.
Can't wait to hear about the baby tomorrow!!! I expect a phone call as he crowns.
Jackie... oh how I've miss the blogging. You always take on the tough issues that people are afraid to talk about. That being said, I think you should adopt Leah. And probably Gary too.
Wow, that is crazy. I can't believe how some people act. That is all I have to say.
OK. AMEN about Amber! But im laughing a little about the commets about Farrah crying between you and Heather! I totlly think its funny she will be talking and BLAHM ugly cry face!
I may be mistaken....but didnt i introduce you to this show? Its my guilty plessure! Close 2nd to Dog the Bounty Hunter! LOL
Post a Comment