
Friday night Joshie and I attended his elementary school walk-a-thon fundraiser. Everyone received a raffle ticket that we put in a big bucket next to the table of raffle prizes. There were two scooters there that Joshie has been talking about all week long. He thought the raffle worked like Chuck-E-Cheese; you simply turn in your tickets and grab the prize you want. So needless to say he was really disappointed when I stopped him from walking away with a scooter and explained that he could only get the scooter if they pulled his number from the bucket. He was almost in tears and cried "But Dad! They said there's no loosers!" Sure enough with Joshie's luck at winning contests an hour later his number was called for one of the scooters. I was stunned! They had a lot of prizes but with hundreds of students and parents there I was just hoping he'd win something to take home.
Once he realized it was his number he marched across the field to claim his prize as if he knew all along it was his. He came back saying "This is exactly what I wanted!" over and over. Joshie spent the next half an hour buzzing around the playground picking up trash and scooting over to the trash cans with it. Once all the raffle numbers were announced and it was clear that my number hadn't been called Joshie turned to me and said "I'm sorry you didn't win anything but you can be happy for me." :-)
Later in Walmart anyone he found an excuse to talk to heard about the scooter. After I paid for Joshie's kids meal in the McDonald's drive-through Joshie begged me to call the employee back to the window so that he could tell them he just won a scooter. As we sat there waiting for the food Joshie reflected on his luck and declared "You know Daddy I didn't pray for that scooter and I still won it!!"
When we got home Jadon was still awake upstairs in his crib and kept yelling that he wanted to come down and see what Joshie got. We relented and a few seconds later we heard screaming coming from his room. Joshie and I ran up to find him with one foot stuck between two crib bars with the other leg dangling over the edge. Despite his toe looking so twisted Jadon stopped yelling long enough to ride the scooter through the living room. At the urgent care center three X-rays later we learned that Jadon's bones are still intact. Our Saturday nights just aren't complete without an obligatory late night visit to the ER!
3 comments:
Josh you are soooooooooooooooo funny.LOL!!!! GREAT STORY ABOUT THE SCOOTER. You made me feel like I was actually there!!!!!
Wow, I have two funny children! Nice blog, we laughed as much as at the first one.
Now all other Proulxs must pass the humor test. My daughter-in-law, oldest and third son have done so.
Way to go Joshie! I am so glad you won that scooter. I hope that you can share with your brothers - we may end up seeing two more scooters the next time we come over!
Post a Comment