Thursday, May 1, 2008







Jackie and Josh have decided to no longer ignore the public demand for our humor and insights. We have officially entered the blogosphere. Many things have helped me in my decision to begin a blog. Mainly, there are too many things happening in the world around me for me to stay silent.


A little about Josh and Jackie. We have been married for 6 1/2 years. We were married September 2001 in the Washington D.C. Temple. We met right after our missions, and got married like 5 minutes later. We have 4 sons, that's right all boys. Josh and I are extremely boring. We do nothing if it interferes with anyones' nap. Josh is an electrical engineer, I am a domestic goddess.Time to meet our sons:



Joshie age 6.


Joshie is the oldest of our sons. He's a wonderful little boy. He's a typical oldest child, he feels responsibility to help me out, maybe a little too much sometimes. He's wise beyond his years. He's exceptionally kindhearted and mild mannered. He gets that from his dad. He also has a very strong sense of right and wrong (as long as he's closely supervised). He's a man in a little boy's body. He once threw himself in front of a plastic sword wielding little boy to save a girl, with no thought for his own safety. He's a hero to many. He's my rock.


Jadon age 3 1/2.


Jadon, Jadon, Jadon. Jadon is in many ways the opposite of Joshie. He's quirky, moody, unpredictable, and off the wall. I definitely laugh the most at him. He's very, very funny. He likes to make up his own little songs about traffic tickets and bodily waste. He is very kind hearted and gives me millions of kisses a day. He is definitely the most like me. You never know what to expect from him. In this picture I gave him a bowl of yogurt to eat. When I checked on him he said "I'm just washing my hair so you don't have to do it". He's extremely thoughtful. Certain people have called him "weird" and "crazy." They simply aren't sophisticated enough to grasp his humor.




Jordan age 3.

Ahhhh. My beloved Jordan. (He's in the red shirt, we'll get to the baby next.) There aren't words beautiful or articulate enough for Jordan. In a million years I could never explain how I love Jordan. He is probably the most loyal and devoted of my sons. I'm sure as the years roll on, when I'm old and disabled, he will prove to be the son that force feeds me the most oatmeal. His integrity is unmatched, his sweetness and kindness unending. He's our gentle giant. He's a giant teddy bear, with the fierce loyalty of a lion. I love to kiss his big juicy lips. He hates it, but oh well...what can he do about it? Once recently when I was sick with a deadly form of pneumonia, Jordan came up to my room to check on me. He saw my condition and with his brave little chest pushed out said "Mommy, me not leave you, me stay here." He stayed there a good 5 minutes before he realized Jadon was playing with his brand new truck. Love ya, Jordy.




Jacob age 1:



Jacob is our baby. He just turned 1 a couple weeks ago. He was born 9 weeks early. Last year at this time he weighed 3 1/2 pounds. He lived in the NICU for 6 weeks, half that time on a vent. He's very, very happy and smiley. He seems very mild mannered, a lot like Joshie. He does make a lot of facial expressions like Jadon though. He's been a very easy baby. He eats, smiles, and sleeps. He's just started the army crawl. All of his brothers love him and are very protective. He is a very lovable baby. We usually call him Hacob because Jordan can't pronounce the "J." Pretty soon he picked up new nicknames like Hockey and Hacobian.


We hope you enjoy our blog. I hope to be able to speak out about current events, as well as the day to day things that happen in a house full of young boys. I'm definitely the funny, sarcastic one. Josh is very serious and a little timid. If he ever makes a post, it will be about some silly gadget. I apologize in advance.

8 comments:

Matt said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Matt said...

I'm honored to be the first to post on the Proulxs blog. I also look forward to witnessing your crusade against Fox news and Pat Robertson.

Jackie said...

For the record I did not censor the first comment, It was posted twice, so I took one off.

Monica Proulx said...

Cute kids and funny blog! Lucky grandmothers! : )

Sure Jackie, we actually know that you had to delete an angry post from Pat Robertson. He's heard about this blog. I think He should just get his own blog!

Let the battle begin!

Gabe said...

I'd like to see a lot of things on this site. Most of all I'd like to see polls. Specifically a poll asking "Which is your favorite Proulx boy? A) Joshie, B) Jadon, C)Jordan, D) Jacob, E) All of the above, F) None of the above, G ) A and B, H) B and C, I) C and D, J) A and C, K) A and D, L) B and D, M) A and B and C, N) A and C and D, or O) B and C and D

Cameron and Katie said...

All I have to say is FINALLY. I have been waiting for this since I first leared that blogs existed. I would have expected one sooner from Josh.

Monica Proulx said...

Gabe is my funniest child. As for the poll you are taking, E is the only option I could ever choose. I am sure everyone would agree with me.

Robyn said...

Welcome to the blogging world! I loved reading your descriptions of your boys. They are all so different from each other. It's a good thing you have a good baby so you are able to keep up with all of those boys. I hope that we can remain family and friends even through the heat of the blogging!