Friday, August 24, 2012

Jadon's Baptism, The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter- day Saints

Jadon was baptized on August 4. We were all very excited for him. I was a little skeptical that Jadon could stand to be reverent for any length of time, but he did pretty well.
He was so reverent though, and well behaved that we documented it in photos:
I think he started getting tired at this point.
The ceremony went over very well. Then he was confirmed a member of the Church, and given the Gift of the Holy Ghost. In that he was told, that he has a great capacity to love others. That that will serve him well as he serves an honorable mission for the Church, and he will see great success. He was also told that he will have a successful career that will enable him to provide for people outside of his own family. That sounds just like Jadon. Afterwords everyone who came to his baptism went back to our house from a "Donut Party". Jadon picked out the weirdest, grossest donuts from Beyond Glaze. The bacon maple donuts were the most popular.
Jadon said he is very happy to have the Gift of the Holy Ghost which apparently means he has a "tiny ghost" living in his ear. He finds that very helpful. He will be an excellent missionary one day.

2 comments:

Kat said...

You all are so much fun. :) We loved being able to go to his baptism. His blessing was really neat. He is going to be an amazing person. And the donuts were very fun....interesting....but fun. LOL I do have to say that even though I thought the idea was completely gross, the maple bacon one was actually kind of good. I don't know what's wrong with me. Ha ha ha! :)

Janet said...

I am shocked you posted something! Jadon is the funniest boy! He makes me laugh everytime I see him. :) He has a great mom, too!