Wednesday, June 20, 2012

The Thrill of Victory, the Agony of Adhis.

Anyone who is in Pilgrims Landing 2nd Ward knows of the intense rivalry between Adhis and I. We are both extremely clever, and very witty. It is also very well known that I am way wittier.

We have the ability to say pretty much anything to the other without either person getting offended, nevertheless, Adhis's palpable envy of me endures.

We go back and forth on Facebook trying to out wit one another in our comments. When something funny is said in Relief Society, it most likely was said by one of us.

Adhis was recently released, under suspicious circumstances from teaching Sunday School. By the time I would arrive to class when she taught most of the seats were taken, so I had to sit WAY over in the left side of the room. This made it easy for Adhis to try to ignore my raised hand and avoid my generous, insightful, and riveting comments on whatever the lesson was.

Our rivalry recently reached a new level, back in February when her sister was having contest through the bakery she owns.

I have been a loyal customer of Party Sweetness cake pops for some time now. Whoever got the most people to like the bakery's Facebook page by a certain time, won a dozen free cake pops.
Adhis conjured up a few measly supporters, but I went in guns a blazing. My supporters came out in droves. In a landslide, I won.
Adhis was so devastated that she immediately needed meditation.

I felt very bad about the devastating loss. Adhis doesn't know this, but I dropped off a conciliatory cake pop on her window sill. By the time I got to the end of the street though, I decided to go back and get it, so I did and I gave it to somebody else. When we move to our new neighborhood, I will pass the torch to Adhis, and she will reign as Sister Wittiness of Pilgrims Landing 2nd Ward. She still wont have any cake pops though.

2 comments:

Old Matt said...

I'm proud of you. You're a chip off the old block. Mean, onery, even with a touch of vicious humor. Good going!

Kat said...

Oh Jackie, Jackie, Jackie. I have to admit, your "little" rivalry that has been going on has provided MANY chuckles, laughs, and wet pants in my house. :) Love both of you! (And yes, I did vote for you to get the cake pops!)