Mom's were invited to come to their kid's class for a Mother's Day program yesterday. Joshie was very anxious for me to come in, and see what he had worked on. Above is a picture Joshie drew of me. I'm not sure why it appears I have prosthetic hands, but besides that, it's a true representation of what I look like.
My mom's favorite movie:
Little House on the Prairie
My mom's favorite place to shop:
Walmart
She is 30 years old, and her best friend is Janet.
If my mom had a day to herself, she would: rest, and watch TV.
My mom's favorite treat is :
Ben and Jerry's Oatmeal Cookie Chunk Ice cream
She is ready to go to Church.
The most special gift I could give my mom would be:
Gold as big as the sky.
One of the best memories I have with my mom is:
Going to Neders (Kneaders Bakery).
Then they had to write a word or two about their moms that started with each letter in the word, MOTHER.
Note what Joshie wrote for the letter O.

Then they had to write a word or two about their moms that started with each letter in the word, MOTHER.
Note what Joshie wrote for the letter O.
"I am so glad I have you as a mom, and for all the things you've done for me. You need to know this, you are the best mom ever. I'm giving you this note so you know I love you very much, Mommy."
I started crying, and my beloved oldest, not eldest son, whispered in my ear,
"Stop it, you're embarrassing me."
13 comments:
I thought the picture was pretty real to life. I also love "owner of me" hil.ar.i.ous.
That's so sweet. You really are a great mom, and you have great kids.
You should keep him.
That is sweet. I also like the drawing of you and how he captured your feisty character giving the finger to the world.
I loved the prosthetic hands, and the card that looked like "Happy Others Day." Your kids are lucky...don't sell them to the Keebler Elves for at least one more year.
I loved the fact that you looked like you had prosthetic hands, and the card that read, "Happy Others Day." Your kids are lucky. And so are you. Don't sell them to the Keebler Elves for at least another year.
I'm waiting Jackie....
I'm waiting....
There, Mary.
The years when they get to draw pictures and write letters are the best. I love the picture and the part of his MOTHER that says, "Owner Of Me." The best and so touching. How sweet. Of course the little letter where you cried, I have all of mine saved also. I still cry when I go back and read them. So very precious. I think he is a keeper.
love the post.
so Why do your posts not show up in my google reader. they used to. I have had to catch up months worth of jackie posts. Josh is a computer guy. he should fix it for me
That picture and letter are so cute! I love how he says that you are the owner of him. They are seriously keepers! :)
That is so super sweet. We love Joshie! --Cindy & Izzy
Post a Comment