Thursday, March 17, 2011

St. Patricks's Day...


The boy's have been so excited about St. Patrick's day. I really don't recall it being a big deal when I was a youngster, but to each his own.
Apparently, when "Lucky" the leprechaun comes to a person's house, he makes a giant mess, and leaves gold coins.
It pained me to know that in order for the boy's to fully enjoy this sacred of all holiday's, I'd have to trash my own house, and stage a leprechaun invasion.
I opened dresser drawers, threw clothes all over the floor, and ripped covers off of their beds. I then poured chocolate gold coins on their floors, and bed.
The scene was set. I waited for them to happen upon the scene themselves. It got to be time for Jordan to get ready for his afternoon class, so I had to lure them upstairs, under the guise of getting socks and shoes.

The following is documentation of their discovery:





Jadon was a little disappointed to learn that the gold coins were chocolate, but once he starting eating them, he got over it.
At the end of the second video you can here Jordan screaming, "All my gold, all my gold!!"
Jadon was still in his room eating his chocolate, and Googie hadn't bothered to take the gold foil off of his before eating it.

To finish off the holiday, we are having green rice with chicken. Then, I'm forcing the kids to clean up after the leprechaun.

Happy St. Patrick's day.

5 comments:

Janet said...

Awesome. Luckily our leprechaun was clean. ;) your such a fun mom

Old Matt said...

Wonderful! You are a great parent. :)

Anonymous said...

I like to celebrate it simply because my favorite color is green! ; ) Good going Lucky! --Cindy B.

Chastina said...

How fun! This is the first year we've tried to catch the leprechaun. I love hearing what others do to celebrate.

Kat said...

These videos are absolutely hilarious! I love him saying "All my gold! All my gold!" They are so cute!