
Jordan started school this week. He has been really excited. Every day for quite a while, he has asked, "Do I go to school today?" The day finally arrived.
With each kid, I've worried about the monumental step. You worry about big kids being mean, getting on the right bus, and keeping up with what they are taught. In this case I've worried that Jordan might be the only black kid in class. It may or may not matter to him, I don't know.
Fortunately, his class seems to be fairly diverse. There are a set of twins who are black, as well as fairly dark complected Latina kids. We arrived at school, and after looking around he said, "Look Mommy, brown guys." All is well.



Jordan just met these boys a few minutes before this picture, but declared them "friends for a lifetime":

Last not but least, we have a video of Jordan walking into his classroom. As I call out to Jordan saying good bye, it is evident that he can barely tear himself away from his momma:
6 comments:
Hooray Jordan!!!
You're such a good momma. I'm happy that his class has some "brown guys". I know my neices and nephews had a couple rough times being the only mixed kids in their class. But they live in a very small town.
Have fun tonight! I bought some mini bags of popcorn for the kids... Now they can each have their own. :)
Yea for school. It's so nice that everything is working out well for him so far. I'm so glad that our kids get to go enjoy being with other kids their age and get a break from us for a little bit! :)
Jordan will do fine. He's a sharp kid, well adjusted, and anxious to make new friends. He is a wonderful compliment to your's and Josh's parenting skills.
This video is a glimpse into your life with teenage boys. "I have no idea who that crazy lady that knows my name is."
I loved the video! I guess at least he was happy to go to school. Waiting an entire week is such a long time for kids to see there brothers go to school and not be able to. I am sure this probably only made him that much more excited for his turn.
Yahoo! He is such a cutie! I seriously love that kid. I'm glad that he is loving school. He is going to be a friend to all the kids. :)
Post a Comment