Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Janets Baby Shower

My friend, Janet, is due to have a baby in 4 weeks. Its her 3rd daughter, and 5th child. Naturally, this event calls for a baby shower. I began planning this long ago. I wanted everything to be GRAND, which is why I decided against playing pin the spermatozoa on the ovum. Yes, that's an actual game, and it is quite clinical. Nevertheless, children were coming so I scraped that idea and went with pin the baby on the belly.

Here are the pics:

The first thing Janet saw when she entered my house was this very life like poster of herself.





Before we played the game, we had lunch, served on a very pink table:



While we were eating, I handed everyone a folded up diaper. Whoever opened theirs and found this, won a prize.


(melted Hershey's bar)

Now on to the fun.

Somehow while playing Pin the Baby on the Belly, Janet's mom ended up roaming throughout the house:



Blindfolding Abby, Janet's daughter:



Octo-Janet:



The next game was Toilet Paper Diaper. We divided into teams. The team members had to make a diaper on someone using just toilet paper. No tape, no glue, no nothing. It was pretty fun.







Janet, as guest of honor, was the judge. She declared her mom the winner.

After that, it was time to open gifts. Everything was PINK.

A special thanks to all who came:



6 comments:

Old Matt said...

Looks like fun! Congratulations to Janet.

Kat said...

Sheesh, I can't believe you didn't play the spermatazoa game. :) I loved the physically correct version of Janet on the wall though. He he he. Thanks for the good times and the great laughs. YOU ROCK! And thank you Janet for giving us an excuse to have a party. LOL

Janet said...

Thanks for keeping my girls innocent for a few more years.

You're the bestest. Can't wait for your "Labor" games. :)

Anonymous said...

Wow! I am just envisioning the next baby shower for you. Should be interesting. Hmmm . . .

Jackie said...

I'll put you in charge of that, Robyn.

Unknown said...

How nice of you to throw a shower for your friend. I bet you enjoyed the pink all over.
By the way..you see you got comments!!