
Joshie was baptized May 1st. Obviously, I'm a bit behind on my blogging. It just occurred to me that I hadn't documented the single most important event in my eldest sons life.
Needless to say, this was a significant occasion for our family. Joshie is the first member on my side of the family to grow up in the Church and be baptized at age 8. It was also significant for Josh as he got to baptize his own son. He was quite emotional, even more so than when he watches a particularly touching episode of Little House on the Prairie.

In the months leading up to Joshies baptism, I told him I wanted him to pray and ask God himself if this was the right decision, and if Jesus lives, and if Joseph Smith is a prophet of God. He really didn't understand why that was important.
"Why can't I just take your word for it."
"Because, I want you to know for yourself, what I teach you will only take you so far, you will need to have your own testimony."
"OK, I'll give it a try."
By the time he was scheduled for his baptismal interview he said he knew he had a testimony. He has always been good at saying his prayers.
Anyway, on to the photos:
Joshie and Josh dressed in their white baptismal garb, just before the ceremony.
Me and Joshie:
As usual, for anything involving Joshie, my mom and entire family fly out. Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night shall keep my mom from Joshie. Seriously, he could stub his toe, and she'd be on the next flight. We'll see what happens when the other boys get baptized.
Afterwords, we each got to write a letter to Joshie that his Primary teacher would be binding up and making into a book for him. I told Joshie that he had made the best decision that he could ever make, and that only through obedience to the Commandments could he be truly happy.
We'll see if he remembers that the next time he wants to haul off and clock one of his brothers.
13 comments:
I am in tears, for real! I am so proud of our little Joshie! What a great boy.
I am so happy that Joshie and Abby got baptized on the same day! Next we just have to plan their wedding.
I'm impressed that you could insert a couple jokes in a post about so holy an occasion without getting called into the bishop's office.
Well done.
The day is still young, Adhis.
A wonderful day for a great kid and his great parents. I wish I had been able to be there to share it with you.
Congrats to Joshie (and you and Josh)! --CindyB
Congrats to Joshie and to you and Josh. What an awesome event! --CindyB
That was an awesome baptism and I was so happy that we were invited. :) Way to go Joshie!
I am glad that Josh still cries at Little House on the Prairie. What a special day. We are so proud of little Joshie.
We are so happy we were able to be there. What a great day! I love the pictures of you and Josh with your big 8 year old.
how momentous. I love that picture of your josh's sosweet.
Thanks for such a great post. What a great time to have the whole family in Utah. Coming to PA this summer?
Thank you for inviting Bryson to the baptism. He really wanted to go but he was gone for the weekend with his dad.
Post a Comment