
Every fall the Primary kids take over Sacrament Meeting. They sing multiple songs, give talks, and recite scriptures. No one wants to admit this, but only the cutest, most superior children are selected to give talks. Jadon, of course, was an obvious choice.
His topic was to be why our bodies are referred to as temples in the scriptures. He wrote the entire talk by himself.
Here is his talk:
~Our bodies are like Temples, because if we do good stuff, we feel powerful. We also feel the Holy Ghost.
We treat our bodies well by eating healthy food, and growing muscles.
If we do bad things to our body, sometimes it doesn't change.
We can serve more if we take care of ourselves.
I feel the holy ghost more when I treat my body well. I know it makes God happy.
Joseph Smith taught us the Word Of Wisdom. It tells us if we avoid unhealthy things, and take care of our bodies, we will be protected from Satan.
I know this is the Church of Jesus Christ. We will be happy as we will obey God. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen.~
When I had Jadon practice his talk with me at home, he would say, "we will be protected BY Satan", instead of FROM Satan. Fortunately he got it right today.
The ward was surely strengthened by Jadon today.
8 comments:
Good going, Jadon. Fine talk. Grandpa Matt is proud of you!
Man, you weren't kidding about Primary kids taking over the Sacrament meeting. Today, there seemed to be a million of them as they could not be contained up in the stands.
I actually enjoyed Jadon's talk very much today. I often feel like our fellow Mormons have been focused so much on avoiding coffee, tea, and alcohol they forget to take in more of the stuff that strengthens us!
Great talk, kid.
I LOVE when the kids take over sacrament. I was impressed by Jadon's talk, especially since he wrote it on his own.
He did a great job!
so did Lex. She looked so pretty too.
Way to go Jadon. :) I hope he's feeling better. I can't believe he did that. He's better than me, I would have died of fright. LOL
I love this sentence: We can serve more if we take care of ourselves.
Brilliant little guy you have, there. Good job J&J. I tip my hat. :-)
What a little stud! That's pretty impressive!
Post a Comment